All hub members are encouraged to make applications to this fund if they have a project they’d like to get off the ground this year….
New €500,000 fund available to improve access to angling facilities
Inland Fisheries Ireland invites applications for funding from the public
Tuesday, 18th October 2016: A new fund to support projects that will contribute to the delivery of an accessible and sustainable, world class inland fisheries resource has been established. Inland Fisheries Ireland (IFI) has announced an overall Capital Works Fund of €500,000 available for angling groups and clubs who are looking to improve access and infrastructure for angling.
The fund is aimed specifically at capital improvement works with grants available to all groups and individuals including local development associations, tidy towns, angling clubs and others looking to improve access to angling. The types of projects eligible for funding must provide for public access and include the following:
- Clearing and fencing along rivers/ lakes to allow access for angling
- Abled and disabled friendly angling stands
- Car parks to improve access for anglers (new car parks and upgrades to existing carparks)
- Walkways to improve access for anglers
- Stands, styles, footbridges and boat slips
- Accessible angling boats / angling boats
To make an application, find out more or register an expression of interest in a scheme for larger scale projects to be announced next year follow this link: http://www.fisheriesireland.ie/funding